Re: [LAU] Hydrogen + Muse syncing

From: Thijs van severen <thijsvanseveren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 04 2012 - 23:21:26 EEST

2012/8/4 Andrew C <countfuzzball@email-addr-hidden>

> Hey all,
>
> I'm having an odd issue with hydrogen and Muse syncing.
>
> Using hydrogen as a metronome records my playing 'on the beat', both
> following the metronome and as displayed by the piano roll (give or
> take). But when I try syncing my playing to a pattern created in
> hydrogen, the originally recorded playing is off beat and when I check
> my newly recorded playing in the piano roll of muse it looks like I'm
> playing incredibly off beat.
>
> I'm suspecting this to be some weird jack transport master/slave issue
> though.
> Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

what version of Hydrogen are you using ?
in the 0.9.5 (and below) there are a number of known issues with jack
transport, and a number of these issues have been fixed in the 0.9.6beta

if you're not using 0.9.6 already, could you upgrade to that version and
retest ?

thanks
Thijs

follow me on my Audio & Linux blog <http://audio-and-linux.blogspot.com/> !