Re: [LAU] Study Finds New Pop Music Does All Sound the Same.

From: Neil <djdualcore@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 05 2012 - 17:52:01 EEST

This thread was the extra push I needed to blog about this research.

http://oldmixtapes.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-science-of-making-boring-pop-music.html

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 5:05 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>wrote:

> First mistake, a
> comic isn't based on words only, second mistake, for all popular arts,
> comics, music etc., there's more than just the mainstream.
> I wonder if they have their own semantics for "pop music".

I talk about this at length--the meanings of "popular music" and "pop
music" and their relation to "popular." Like a lot of scholarly research,
this study tells us something very specific, not something sweeping about
music in general.

-Neil

--
DJ Dual Core's Blog