Re: [LAU] Ubuntustudio 12.04 audio?

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 19 2012 - 16:49:15 EEST

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Mac <ussndmac@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Does anyone know of an overview of how audio in Ubuntu Studio12.04 works?
> I've made some mods to other debian builds. Before I spin my wheels a lot
> jaunted to see the lay of the land.

Depends on what you want to do, but as far as I know, Ubuntu Studio
doesn't do audio any differently than other Linux distros. Everything
has pretty much just worked out of the box for me. I use RME hardware,
so I disable the internal sound device, and also remove pulseaudio,
since I use jack exclusively for sound on my studio system. I think
support for firewire audio is going to be spotty regardless of what
distro you are using. If you've gotten your device to work in other
distros, it should work in Ubuntu 12.04

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com