Re: [LAU] Ubuntustudio 12.04 audio?

From: Kaj Ailomaa <zequence@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 20 2012 - 00:08:48 EEST

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 22:10:58 +0200, Mac <ussndmac@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> First glance appears that I may be able to bypass the alsa bridge with
> what's showing up in the patch in UBS12.04. But, I need to determine
> where and how the pulse connections in qjackctrl are being made. The log
> doesn't show a script being run by jack start.

The connections are only made automatically, if pulseaudio-module-jack is
installed and loaded,
and if "Enable D-Bus interface" is enabled in qjacktl settings, under
"Misc".

What happens in qjackctl is that you start jackdbus instead of jackd with
these options. You can also control jackdbus using: jack_control start|stop

If you want to know how the connections between PA and jack happen, have a
look at pulseaudio-module-jack.