Re: [LAU] Ubuntustudio 12.04 audio?

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 20 2012 - 08:05:48 EEST

On Sun, August 19, 2012 1:10 pm, Mac wrote:

> First glance appears that I may be able to bypass the alsa bridge with
> what's showing up in the patch in UBS12.04. But, I need to determine
> where and how the pulse connections in qjackctrl are being made. The log
> doesn't show a script being run by jack start.

They are being made by pulse. Any config changes will also have to be made
in pulse. The fact that capture/playback 0 is being called no number would
be firewire I would guess. I know less about FW than I would like to (less
about pulse setup than I would like to as well). However, Pulse expects to
live in the ALSA world where captures start at 1 not 0 (the 0 being blank
seems to be a standard linux kernel thing).

None of the stuff in /etc/pulse seems to be helpful. I do wonder if it
would be possible to add a jack file to
/usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/

I will see what I can find out. (I have other reasons for finding this
stuff out)

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net