Re: [LAU] how to install the real time preempt kernel in ubuntu12.04 and make it the defult?

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 21 2012 - 01:12:20 EEST

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:55 PM, trahern culver
<sound.warrior20@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> how do I install the preempt kernel in ubuntu12.04 and make it the default kernel?

Are you sure you need the realtime kernel? If you want to install
Ubuntu and are going to do audio work, I recommend you install Ubuntu
Studio, as it has everything setup out of the box for audio work,
including jack with realtime scheduling (for which you do NOT need the
realtime kernel).

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com