Re: [LAU] how to install the real time preempt kernel in ubuntu12.04 and make it the defult?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Aug 21 2012 - 01:19:05 EEST

On Mon, 2012-08-20 at 22:55 +0100, trahern culver wrote:
> how do I install the preempt kernel in ubuntu12.04 and make it the default kernel?

IMO that's not an issue, simply install it and then chose what you need
from what GRUB2 does display before startup. The only issuer is, that
you need to add "threadirqs" to what ever the entry
at /boot/grub/blabal.configbla, while using GRUB2, is. I prefer GRUB
legacy.

IMO Ubuntu Studio is easier to go, than Arch Linux is, but it doesn't
prevent to struggle with some issues regarding to using audio only
issues. Aaaarg, my English is terrible broken.

Use Ubuntu Studio or use Arch Linux, IMO any other distro at the moment
is unusable for serious audio work !!! e.g. AV Linux comes with compiz
as WM ... nothing is impossible...!!! (some might even like Poettering
trash), any other of those distros I tested, for my needs is carp.

I experienced that using Ubuntun Studio is less work, but using Arch (at
the moment) is able to fit "absolutely" to your needs ... something that
will be obsolete soon, since upstream rules Arch today, as it rules as
far as I know all other distros.