[LAU] Any program suitable for Backingband?

From: Jostein Christoffer Andersen <josteinchristoffer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 04 2012 - 12:54:08 EEST

Hi,

I'm doing more and more live stuff this days and personally and together in
band, I'm/we are using backingband played from some variations of music
players (stereo out).

I'm in a need of a player (or something that acts like a player) for
backing-
band and monitoring purposes(the music plus ticks and individual mixes and
so
on).

Does it exists a program and/or well established practice in Linux that can
do
this stuff in an easy, predictable and quick way when using a computer with
sufficent numbers of audio channels:

*Start a song with a foot pedal (space button on a keyboard
 is good enought). This is start, stop pause through a play list.
*Providing several channels out (jack/soundcard) for
 in house mixers, click track, individual monitor mixes and so on

Ordinary DAWs are probably not good for this, so any suggestions?

Thank you.

Jostein