Re: [LAU] PCIe audio gear [was: Too many xruns]

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 08 2012 - 21:59:17 EEST

On 09/07/2012 01:31 PM, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

> On 7 September 2012 at 6:14, "Len Ovens"<len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

>>> Also, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158165
>>> which has some customer reviews.
>>
>> The review looks bad for audio cards. I guess there is an
>> onboard regulator that does not allow enough current :P So
>> the onboard reg would have to be bypassed and an external one
>> added.
>
> I wonder if there's enough current to run the PCI card portion of
> the Delta 1010 setup? The data converters are in a break-out box
> in an audio rack. There isn't a whole lot on the PCI card, no
> fans, and I don't even think any heat sinks. That might indicate
> low power.

There should be no problem with power. We are running tons of Delta66's
and I used to have a few 1010's as well. Easy cards to work with (so I'm
surprised at the problems you are having). The 1010's had problems with
some capacitors in the break-out box (in the power supply doubler or
quadrupler circuit) - replacing them fixed the issue.

-- Fernando