Re: [LAU] MIDI keyboard not recognized

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 09 2012 - 21:39:58 EEST

On Sunday 09 September 2012 18:57, jy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've recently installed ubuntustudio 12.04 and after trying it out, i
> discovered that my M-Audio Oxygen8 v2 MIDI USB (yes it is class compliant)
> keyboard is not recognised.
> It was recognised out of the box on my previous setup based on ubuntu
> 10.04.
>
> By not recognized, i mean that it doesn't appear in qjackctl connexions.
> thus i cant route the connexions correctly...
> Below are some logs !
>
> How come it doesn't work any more ? How can i correct this ?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Cheers,
> jy
>
> ####LOGS####
> $cat /proc/asound/cards
> 0 [Intel ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
> HDA Intel at 0xf0400000 irq 45

It's not showing up in the cards list above, which seems to indicate that the
snd_usb_audio module isn't loaded, or you've forgotten to switch the keyboard
on. Have a look in lsmod to see if the module is showing there.

If not, load it with.
sudo modprobe snd_usb_audio

Then see if the keyboard shows up in the cards list.

Nigel.