Re: [LAU] OT: hdsp not happy with recent kernels

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 15 2012 - 02:03:31 EEST

On Fri, September 14, 2012 3:27 pm, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Apologize, I asked the wrong question, resp. forget a second question.
> How do I make pulseaudio aware, that there's a RME card too. The GUI for
> Ubuntu Studio Precise only noticed my 2 Envy24 cards, but didn't show
> the RME card.
>
> Btw. I'm just asking out of curiosity, I won't install pulseaudio and I
> always will remove it from fresh installs, assumed those force to
> install pulseaudio. Even if pulseaudio shouldn't cause trouble, I have
> no use for it.

Pulse is one of those magical auto, do everything things that thinks for
you... It should see every ALSA device. (should is a dirty word) I don't
have any RME HW to play with though, just an ensoniq (for MIDI only) and a
D66 (envy24) on the desktop and a netbook with internal and USB for MIDI
or Audio (I haven't tried plugging in both the USB audio and MIDI IFs) I
don't really know.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net