Re: [LAU] [LAD] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 10 2012 - 23:34:05 EEST

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Which reminds me, if anyone has any tutorials they want to share on the
> quicktoots website please send them my way. We get about 500 views a month
> on that site at the moment and as it has been online for almost 10 years
> that means almost 50,000 people have viewed tutorials on that site. The
> toots don't have to be recent or cutting edge. Just useful and informative
> :-)
>
> BTW, for the professional companies out there that is 50,000 very
> attractive sales prospects that you could have been marketing to for the
> past 10 years.

Attractive, are they? Have you been running a web analytics package
that estimates demography of visitors for all these 10 years? How well
can you segment the audience you get? Can you tell what kind of gear
they are using, or if they are mostly musicians or mostly sound
engineers? Would you be able to estimate their income?

Because it's what any company would ask you about to figure out if
they get any good leads.

</bastard-mode>

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org