Re: [LAU] [LAD] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2012 - 02:23:09 EEST

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine <
alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Let me put it this way. I'm a musician who was drawn by some magic
> force to your landing page. I've looked at your pretty pictures or
> maybe listened to some music samples. What's my next step? Judging by
> what you said the next step for me would be to visit my Facebook page
> to see if
> any friends uploaded new cat pictures :)

i agree with a number of your critiques of patrick's approach, but i don't
think that criticisms based on the content or design of a web page are
anywhere nearly as important as the *potential* content.

that's what is missing, for certain categories of musicians, etc.

meanwhile, may the world have mercy on my soul for preferring ECM to Warp
records.

--p