Re: [LAU] [LAD] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2012 - 04:10:10 EEST

On Thu, October 11, 2012 11:16 am, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 3:47 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>> That is simply because the majority of the businesses are not supporting
>> the Linux platform. It has nothing to do with the viability of Linux
>> audio
>> as a platform for serious multimedia production.
>
> Have we figured out the ultimate session management solution for JACK yet?
> :)

I'm very happy with session management with JACK. My computer is rock
solid and I never have to reboot. Everything just works for me but I can
see how some people might get frustrated having to learn how to be
productive in a Linux environment. The learning curve is steep.

There are companies working on this problem but they will probably not
sell their products for less than $20k.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd