Re: [LAU] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

From: renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 13 2012 - 12:36:22 EEST

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:24:44 -0700
"Len Ovens" <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> > I'm fine with using shell scripts to start a session. The only
> > thing I'm missing is a light weight WM/DE that is able to restore
> > Windows sizes, positions and on what workspace they should appear.
>
> FVWM probably comes closest. It does allow each app to have these
> things set up before launch. Not quite "where I left it", but
> settable.

If I recall correctly even Awesome can do it. Also you can set a
different "tiling schemes", or however that's called, on each workspace,
which is handy for handling different situations (one big-window apps
versus many small-window apps)

Some time ago I was using Awesome like this and it worked well... A
major turn off for me though was the fact that they explicitly state
that configuration might break between updates