Re: [LAU] Fairlight

From: Gene Heskett <gheskett@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 25 2012 - 06:37:59 EEST

On Wednesday 24 October 2012 23:31:48 Robin Gareus did opine:

> On 10/25/2012 03:29 AM, michael noble wrote:
> > it never ceases to amaze me how the LAU and LAD lists
> > are some of the nastiest, most brutal mailing lists around.
>
> what? give e.g. lkml.org or other lists at vger.kernel.org a go for a
> day. I'm sure you'll be back with the nice and polite linux audio
> community in no time :)
>
> Cheers!
> robin

lkml is a party, where linus is undisputed king. Now if you want an out
and out brawl, try the Python-list. Those guys can tell you to go to hell
in a heartbeat, and its game on in very profane language for 3 or 4 days.
Nobody there ever tried to tell you to go to hell in such flowery language
that you looked forward to the trip. That is one thing our now expired
Senator Byrd was a past master at.

Cheers, Gene

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
<cas> Mercury: gpm isn't a very good web browser.  fix it.