Re: [LAU] debian wheezy vs pulseaudio vs jackdbus

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 30 2012 - 08:16:57 EET

On Tue, October 30, 2012 4:51 pm, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> On Tue, October 30, 2012 4:26 pm, Raffaele Morelli wrote:

>>> what's

>>> loaded

>>> is
>>> >
>>> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/Modules#JACK_Connectivity
>>> >

>>> You got the gist...

>>> use
>>> jackd.
>>>
>>> There is no jackdbus on debian wheezy, just "jackd" or "jackd2".
>>

>> jackdbus is in debian wheezy and it comes with jackd2 package.
>>
>> http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=wheezy&arch=any&mode=path&searchon=contents&keywords=jackdbus
>>

> You're correct. When I looked yesterday I had jackd and jackd2. Today I
> have jackd and jackdbus instead.
>
> No wonder people get confused about how to get this stuff working.
>
> What possible reason is there to have jackd and jackd2 *or* jackd and
> jackdbus ?
>
> The former must be for jack1 package and the later for the jack2 package
> but why would there even be a jackd2 option for the jack1 package? It's
> completely redundant.
>
> And why isn't a jackd2 option installed with the jack2 package?

So, If I tell jackqtl to use jackdbus I get a message saying:

----
jackdbus should be auto-executed by D-Bus message bus daemon.
If you want to run it manually anyway, specify "auto" as only parameter
----
The obvious question is where do you specify "auto" as the only parameter?
I tried adding it to qjackctl but it doesn't work there.
This process was being worked on at least three years ago. What happened?
Did everyone just get bored of testing stuff or something?
--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd