Re: [LAU] About Soundcloud

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 31 2012 - 23:52:03 EET

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 05:37:56PM -0400, Brett McCoy wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 5:14 PM, S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > I'll just say this one last time in a separate thread and close the topic
> > once and for all, because it makes me feel like a complaining old man.
>
> You'll be happy to know that Soundcloud is implementing a new
> interface that is not flash-based (and pressing space will enable the
> player once the URL is loaded). Not sure when it is going to be
> available, though, I believe it's in a beta phase and some users are
> already signed up for it.
That's very good, and I'm glad to know it.

> Anything I release under Creative Commons I allow direct downloads for
Sure. This was by no means intended to be a criticism of your decision,
or anyone else's for that matter: it was more meant to be a public
statement/reminder. It seems any time someone posts something on
soundcloud, someone else replies asking for a direct link or sayint that
the player or audio doesn't work. I figured it would be good to make
everyone aware of the possible difficulties associated with SC material.

Cheers,
S.M.