Re: [LAU] Some retro doom metal for Halloween

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 31 2012 - 23:59:27 EET

Hi Brett!
   This is very old school. I feel the roots of Black Sabbath underneath that.
I do love the processing of the drums. The big snare is just wonderful! The
vocals are nicely processed as well. But the guitars don't sound right. Too
muddy. I'm not absolutely sure, why that is. EQ'ing, compression, playing? I
wouldn't say the latter.
   The song itself: as I said, it's very old school to me. I can hear the echo
of rock 'n' roll and Sabbath there. The singing and playing is nice.
concerning the guitars: perhaps I didn't get the point and you were going for
the early Norwegian school. As far as I remember, they always had a... Erm
particular sound. :-)
   Thanks for sharing this with us, Brett.
   Warm regards
           Julien