Re: [LAU] Some retro doom metal for Halloween

From: sevol <sevols.ear@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 02 2012 - 08:19:42 EET

On 11/1/12, Gene Heskett <gheskett@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Thursday 01 November 2012 11:16:30 Arve Barsnes did opine:
>
>> On 1 November 2012 04:13, Gene Heskett <gheskett@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> > Thanks for the reply Leigh, but flashbock isn't listed in either
>> > extensions or plugins.
>>
>> noscript has the same effect on flash content, but I'm guessing
>> there's something else going on.
>>
>> Arve
>
> I took that out a while back.
>

> Cheers, Gene

Hi Gene,

1st, nothing I'm about to say is likely to be of the least help in
your situation :(

The 'Play" button on any soundcloud page has never worked for me on
any system. Until today -- when all I did was restart Firefox after an
update. This is on my everyday-not-powerful-atom box running Stella (a
CentOS spin) with Firefox 10.0.10. My box with AVLinux is torn down so
can't check it, but I'm pretty sure soundcloud never "played" on it
either... or Fedora. & I always whitelisted soundcloud in 'flashblock'
& 'noscript' without it making the slightest difference. Well, as far
as I know :P

I don't know what a straight forward procedure is for this, sorry. I
just stopped worrying about it until the recent soundcloud thread &
this one. Maybe someone on the list has a clear picture of what's
going on?

good luck,
                 -s

p.s. all my attempts were using Firefox.
---------------

Brett,

I'm not a metalhead but your song fit my mood for the dya after
Holloween! & in my case, as the 1st one that I've ever been able to
'play' on soundcloud it makes it pretty notable. What particular doom
voodoo did you use to make that happen? I like the intro section,
vocals, drums, more-trebbly lead guitar & the sludge guitar. It all
seems to fit OK. As far as the guitar not quite jiving with the rest,
as Julien remarked, I wonder if it has to do with listening with
monitors compared to headphones? I've only heard your song on
headphones, but have had music I've worked on with headphones turn to
mush in the lower frequencies listening on monitors.

Thanks for sharing. BTW, didn't you say in the soundcloud post that
you always made your stuff available for d/l there? 0_o

best,
          -s