[LAU] Envy24Control is missing the Analog Volume tab - need guidance...

From: Cullen Davis <cullenspub@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 04 2012 - 21:51:30 EET

I need help troubleshooting a recording issue on a dedicated audio
computer with a single DSP2000 C-Port. I can not record from the
analog inputs of my audio interface. I suspect that it is because the
analog volume tab on the envy24control mixer is missing which means
that I can not raise (or activate) the ADC sliders.

1) Should the analog tab exist for an ICE1712 device (dsp24 with an
ADC&DAC2000)?
2) If yes - can anyone help me troubleshoot why the tab is not there?
3) Can anybody confirm if the DSP2000's channel LEDs should light up?
(They do light up when using the OEM drivers on an XP partition of the
computer)

A lot of solutions to this problem are “on the envy24control analog
tab, make sure the sliders have been moved up". Without that tab, I
can not see if this is a solution to of my recording woes....

Hardware / Software
The hardware is a MSI 915 (intel p4) mb with all on-board devices
turned off in bios (except for graphics). The only card on the
motherboard is a dsp24 pci card connected to an external 8 channel
ADC&DAC2000 box. (aka DSP2000 -
http://www.st-audio.de/products/dsp2000/info.html). For the OS, I am
running Fedora 17 with PulseAudio removed and a realtime kernel
(3.4.11-1.rt19.2.fc17.ccrma.i686.rtPAE) installed.

The pci hardware is found, the ICE1712 mods load, and alsa reports the
card as device 0 (the only device). The card does work when booted to
an XP partition on the machine.

Driver versions are:
alsa-lib-1.0.26-1.fc17.i686
alsa-tools-1.0.26.1-1.fc17.i686
jack-audio-connection-kit-1.9.8-9.fc17.i686

The jack subsystem is working fine for synthesized audio and playback
of existing files. My USB control services are passing through jack
just fine. My problem is that I can not get the analog inputs on the
DSP2000 to activate. I am absolutely sure that I am sending a signal
to the input box - but no combination of settings on the alsamixer or
the envy24control seem to be effective in activating the input
channels or recording the signal.

To record, I am running a Shure SM58 into a PreSonas Bluetube preamp
and running the unbalanced out into the DSP2000 input 1 (I have tried
all eight) of the DSP2000. When the same signal is run into a
standalone mixer - the meter shows a hot signal. The DSP2000 has two
preamps - I can get the clip indicator on the DSP2000 to trigger if I
push the signal too hot. That tells me that I am getting a signal to
the breakout box’s input.

I would appreciate any help or troubleshooting tips anyone could provide.

CjD