Re: [LAU] Envy24Control is missing the Analog Volume tab - need guidance...

From: Tim E. Real <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 04 2012 - 22:31:02 EET

On November 4, 2012 02:51:30 PM Cullen Davis wrote:
> I need help troubleshooting a recording issue on a dedicated audio
> computer with a single DSP2000 C-Port. I can not record from the
> analog inputs of my audio interface. I suspect that it is because the
> analog volume tab on the envy24control mixer is missing which means
> that I can not raise (or activate) the ADC sliders.
>
> 1) Should the analog tab exist for an ICE1712 device (dsp24 with an
> ADC&DAC2000)?
> 2) If yes - can anyone help me troubleshoot why the tab is not there?
> 3) Can anybody confirm if the DSP2000's channel LEDs should light up?
> (They do light up when using the OEM drivers on an XP partition of the
> computer)
>
> A lot of solutions to this problem are “on the envy24control analog
> tab, make sure the sliders have been moved up". Without that tab, I
> can not see if this is a solution to of my recording woes....

Hello!

Can you please try Mudita24, a replacement for Envy24:
http://code.google.com/p/mudita24/

It is already available as a package in some distros.

I've been waiting for a test case like this!

With Envy24, the support of ADC/DACs was kind of hard-wired.
If it didn't recognize the ADC/DAC, well it just didn't show the tab.

So one of my priorities with Mudita24 quickly became supporting
 ICE1712 cards with as-yet unknown future ADC/DACs.

In that respect I rewrote the code to ask ALSA for all the important
 information about ADC/DACs, instead of hard-wired info.

Give it a try.
I do expect there might be some issues, being an 'unknown' ADC/DAC.
Perhaps some checkboxes missing etc. ... ?
Let us know.

You can post here or always reach me at
termtech AT rogers DOT com.

Thanks.