Re: [LAU] A sort of tune thingy

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 08 2012 - 00:16:47 EET

On Sun, Nov 04, 2012 at 08:34:10PM +0000, Folderol wrote:
> I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now and think it is at the
> right place (that's incredibly quick for me).
>
> Hope you enjoy.
>
> http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Dark_Mist.ogg
Well, what can I say, it's pretty difficult to dislike anything you do.
:)

This is an interesting departure from your usual sound: someone
mentioned Vangelis and I agree. I very much like how all the various
sounds come together, and I love the thick moodiness you create. There
seems to be some new "harsher" sounds in here you don't normally use,
and they create an interesting counterpoint to the rather melancholic
backdrop. This piece is perhaps less polished than usual, where one gets
the sense that you're "trying stuff out", and refactoring could probably
make the piece even more powerful. On the other hand, this self-same
impression also contributes to the genuineness of the piece, so changing
anything might diminish it in that sense.

Good stuff.

Cheers,
S.M.