Re: [LAU] Envy24Control is missing the Analog Volume tab - need guidance...

From: Tim E. Real <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 07 2012 - 22:53:32 EET

On November 6, 2012 04:26:27 PM cullenspub wrote:
> Tim - You bowed out too early!!!
>
> Your H-Bus hunch proved to be the clue that cracked the case. Guess what?
> This unit used to be part of a 24 channel audio rack. And... what for it...
> this unit had the dip switch set to 1111000000. I set it to 1000000000 and
> the LEDs lit up, all 8 channels are receiving input.
>
> FYI No analog volume tab shows up - the audio is coming in on the monitor
> input tabs on the envy24 mixer.

Hm... there should be analog tab if the ALSA AKM converter drivers
 were loaded.
You're lucky that the unit powers up with full converter levels, as Len
 demonstrated, allowing you to get on with your work.
But you're gonna need that tab if you ever want to adjust AD/DA levels.
The monitor tabs are NOT what you want there, those are for the ICE1712.

The links Len posted showed that the user's ALSA picked up the
 ADC/DAC2000 AKM brand converter chips.

When you type 'lsmod' to list loaded modules, do you see a snd_ module
 called 'AK...' something?

Here's what mine looks like:

snd_ice1712 65101 2
snd_ice17xx_ak4xxx 13163 1 snd_ice1712
snd_ak4xxx_adda 18464 2 snd_ice1712,snd_ice17xx_ak4xxx
snd_cs8427 13969 1 snd_ice1712
snd_i2c 13863 2 snd_ice1712,snd_cs8427

Maybe more to come on this story?

Good luck.