Re: [LAU] Envy24Control is missing the Analog Volume tab - need guidance...

From: cullenspub <cullenspub@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 07 2012 - 15:35:01 EET

Len Ovens wrote
> Looking at the documentation, it seems that there can be up to 4 devices
> hooked up to the card. But each one must have a "dip switch" set to a
> different number. In the windows driver I do not think it would matter if
> the switch was set to 1, 2 ,3 or 4 because that driver knows how to
> connect whichever device to the ice1712. The ice1712 has only 8 inputs
> however, and so the linux driver only seems to support one device and I
> think it has to say it is device one not 2,3 or 4. I think the linux
> driver can work with two devices only if one of them is output only and
> the other input only. Reading
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=79456 tells me that your
> input lights should be on to get audio input... they do work in Linux with
> the alsa driver. I also notice that he says he realizes the external box
> must be set to device number one. Have you checked that?

BINGO! About five years ago, this unit was deployed as part of a 24 channel
audio rack. Checking the switches, this unit had the dip switch set to
1111000000. I set it to 1000000000 and the LEDs lit up, all 8 channels are
receiving input. I guess the OEM drivers don't care what value the switches
are, as long as all the units have different values. FYI No analog volume
tab shows up - the audio is coming in on the monitor input tabs on the
envy24 mixer.

Thanks for your help
CjD