Re: [LAU] Envy24Control is missing the Analog Volume tab - need guidance...

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 06 2012 - 22:56:20 EET

On Mon, November 5, 2012 5:59 pm, cullenspub wrote:
> Tim E. Real wrote
>> If it doesn't turn out to be lack of ALSA controls in his case, my guess
>> off the top of my head would be control naming issues -
>> textual ALSA changes in nature ... ?
>> Yes thanks, try to post some kind of list of the available ALSA
>> controls.
>> What's that standard one that lists them all - is it amixer or alsactl
>> or
>> ...?
>>
>> Hopefully will reveal something.
>
> Tim,
> I have attached the full list of of controls from alsactl asound.state
> <http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/file/n79158/asound.state> .
>
> control.21 - control.30 'IEC958 Multi Capture Switch' and control.31 -
> control.40 'H/W Multi Capture Volume' look like what I need. Do you
> agree?
> Does the capture switch look like it is configured correctly?

I did not see anything that would be helpful or that seems outside of what
you have described mudita24 as seeing. Anything with multi in it generally
is a mixer input. Those controls that you mention feed the monitor mixer
not the inputs... we need to get your adc connected to the ICE1712 first.

Looking at the documentation, it seems that there can be up to 4 devices
hooked up to the card. But each one must have a "dip switch" set to a
different number. In the windows driver I do not think it would matter if
the switch was set to 1, 2 ,3 or 4 because that driver knows how to
connect whichever device to the ice1712. The ice1712 has only 8 inputs
however, and so the linux driver only seems to support one device and I
think it has to say it is device one not 2,3 or 4. I think the linux
driver can work with two devices only if one of them is output only and
the other input only. Reading
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=79456 tells me that your
input lights should be on to get audio input... they do work in Linux with
the alsa driver. I also notice that he says he realizes the external box
must be set to device number one. Have you checked that?

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net