[LAU] CM6206 S/PDIF JACK input

From: Dan MacDonald <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 12 2012 - 22:11:01 EET

Hello LA land!

I got a Startech USB audio device based on the C-Media CM6206 purely in the
hope of being able to use its S/PDIF input under JACK. It runs JACK just
fine, I just don't know how I might access the SPDIF input (or even the
line-in, just out of interest) from under JACK?

When I run alsamixer and switch to viewing the capture ports of the cm6206
there are 4 capture channels - PCM, Line, Mic and S/PDIF In but under JACK
I only get 2 capture ports which are the L and R analogue mic input
channels. I can also see the light emitting from the S/PDIF out port so I
am confident the S/PDIF should work and hopefully under JACK.

I'm running AV Linux 6

arecord -l
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC262 Analog [ALC262 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: Loopback [Loopback], device 0: Loopback PCM [Loopback PCM]
  Subdevices: 8/8
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
  Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
  Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
  Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
  Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
  Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 1: Loopback [Loopback], device 1: Loopback PCM [Loopback PCM]
  Subdevices: 8/8
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
  Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
  Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
  Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
  Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
  Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 2: Device [USB Sound Device], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

cat /proc/asound/devices
  1: : sequencer