[LAU] recordmydesktop with jack2

From: Atte <atte.andre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 17 2012 - 14:33:47 EET

Hi

I'm trying to capture a screencast of a jack2 client (renoise), but it
seems recordmydesktop and jack2 doesn't work well together. Anything I
should do different? Any alternative to recordmydesktop that I should
try instead?

I'm running ubuntu 12.10...

atte@email-addr-hidden:~$ jackd --version
jackdmp 1.9.9
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2012 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
jackdmp version 1.9.9 tmpdir /dev/shm protocol 8

atte@email-addr-hidden:~$ recordmydesktop --version
recordMyDesktop v0.3.8.1

atte@email-addr-hidden:~$ recordmydesktop --use-jack renoise:output_01_left
renoise:output_01_right
Initial recording window is set to:
X:-27984 Y:0 Width:29008 Height:768
Adjusted recording window is set to:
X:-27984 Y:0 Width:29008 Height:768
Your window manager appears to be Xfwm4

Detected compositing window manager.
Reverting to full screen capture at every frame.
To disable this check run with --no-wm-check
(though that is not advised, since it will probably produce faulty results).

Initializing...
jack_client_new: deprecated
Capturing!
Failed to obtain Shared Memory segment!