Re: [LAU] recordmydesktop with jack2

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 17 2012 - 22:57:56 EET

On 17/11/12 13:33, Atte wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to capture a screencast of a jack2 client (renoise), but it
> seems recordmydesktop and jack2 doesn't work well together. Anything I
> should do different? Any alternative to recordmydesktop that I should
> try instead?

For me screen-capturing with jack seems terribly broken at the moment...
jack capture with (gtk)-recordmydesktop is broken since at least 1 year,
and seems related to the funky width and height values reported when you
use it with jack.

I had an ffmpeg (and newer avconv) script which worked very well until a
few months ago which is now also broken on my system (debian wheezy):

ffmpeg -f jack -ac 2 -i ffmpeg -f x11grab -r 30 -s 1280x800 -i :0.0
-acodec pcm_s16le -vcodec libx264 -preset ultrafast -threads 0 output.avi

Adapded from some blog online I can't recall. Actually it seems the X11
grabbing part is broken there, as recording a wav file through jack works.

I had tried gstreamer, but couldn't really get it to work (audio was
stuttery).

Lorenzo.