Re: [LAU] looking for command-line/scriptable mastering software

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 22 2012 - 00:53:06 EET

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 10:13:21PM +0000, Eric Wong wrote:

> I've been considering writing a make-like tool, but would like know if
> something existing fills the role. I haven't been able to find
> information on using csound for mastering a few sections of audio, but
> maybe that could work...

Not what you want, but using Ardour's automation, gain curves,
etc. combined with the 'export' facility amounts to some form
of scripting. I don't know of any command line tool that would
allow the same. If you want to apply some process on an audio
file from position A to B, the basic problem is to determine
A and B. Having a view on the actual waveform helps a lot to
do that. The only alternative I see would be some command line
player that allows to define markers, also offers some 'preview'
facilities such 'play from T - N seconds to T', 'play N seconds
starting at T', 'move T by N milliseconds', etc. etc., and then
offers some convenient way to store such information for later
use by off-line processing. I'd be interested to have such a
thing as well, but it takes a lot of programming to make it.

--
FA