Re: [LAU] looking for command-line/scriptable mastering software

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 25 2012 - 22:23:41 EET

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 12:05:44PM -0800, J. Liles wrote:

> You're not likely to get any respect from this community unless/until you
> release your source code under a free/libre license. Who have spent decades
> and 10's of thousands of hours working on projects that we give away freely
> and openly, your software is irrelevant and your request for respect is
> borderline insulting.

If anything is 'borderline insulting' it's IMHO the above.

While I can't imagine any good reason for keeping mixer4 source
code closed, the only consequence this should (and will) bring
is the reduced amount of support the author will get from this
(LAU/LAD) community. It should not be any pretext for ad-hominem
comments. And don't forget that many on this list are using things
like Mixbus. Is Harrison 'borderline insulting' as well ?

--
FA