Re: [LAU] looking for command-line/scriptable mastering software

From: J. Liles <malnourite@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 25 2012 - 22:05:44 EET

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Grekim <grekimj@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

[snip]

It's too bad the closed source issue has rubbed you guys the wrong way.
> The way I see it, I've invested well over 1000 hours and a year of work on
> something which I ask nothing for in return except maybe a little respect
> now and then :)

You're not likely to get any respect from this community unless/until you
release your source code under a free/libre license. Who have spent decades
and 10's of thousands of hours working on projects that we give away freely
and openly, your software is irrelevant and your request for respect is
borderline insulting. If you're truly proud of what you've created, then
show it to the world. You're not getting the feedback you want because no
one wants to run your mysterious binary blob, and I don't blame them.
You're never going to strike it rich with this software, so the only
legitimate reason you could possibly have for not sharing the source code
is that you're ashamed of what a mess it is.