Re: [LAU] Xfce - OT: RTC/HPET timer permissions

From: Carlos sanchiavedraz <csanchezgs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 30 2012 - 14:52:38 EET

2012/11/30 david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>:
> On 11/29/2012 04:29 AM, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
>>
>> Just a quick note.
>>
>> 2012/11/28 david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>:
>>>
>>> We're using the LightDM window manager on most of the machines. The Musix
>>> machine uses GDM, IIRC. What window manager are you using?
>>

>> Musix uses kdm, although it is released with other lighter desktop
>> environments and window managers, i.e. Openbox, Icewm...
>

> I have Musix 3.0 beta on my effects box. There's a release version? Where?
> Effectsbox's little old Celeron processor hasn't the horsepower to carry a
> heavy desktop environment and do RT audio.
>

> --
> David
> gnome@email-addr-hidden
> authenticity, honesty, community
> http://clanjones.org/david/
> http://dancing-treefrog.deviantart.com/

We are having a considerable inner reorganization of the project along
with the Musix 3 development itself. In addition I'm also preparing a
Musix 3 for portable/touch devices, so there's a lot going on.
By now the last one was Musix 3 beta 2.

Anyway, we still be keeping and eye on hosts and devices with not much
horsepower having desktops and environments prepared for them. One of
the goals of Musix is not to forget the old PCs and devices, not to
follow the "2 year PCs are dated -> buy a new one" tendency that is
constantly growing.

Regards.

--
Carlos sanchiavedraz