Re: [LAU] Avantgarde bizarre rock made with Linux: Sebkha-Chott Ne[XXX]t Epilog + Video Clip

From: Dan MacDonald <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 03 2012 - 17:24:46 EET

Hi Aurelien!

Great to see your new album get its digital liberation! I gave it a once
over on the weekend and I thought Phial Shapes was the best track but I
agree with Julien in rating Sabra y Shatila as another highlight. Sorry I
can't comment more right now - I need to give it another listen at least.

Secret Chiefs 3 and ApaTt are / have just been doing a euro tour but mainly
France - I was very tempted to cross the channel to see them again as its
been a year now since I last had the pleasure. Did SC go watch SC3?

Last month I went to watch Knifeworld, one of the current bands of
latter-day Cardiacs guitarist Kavus Torabi (you like Cardiacs right?). I
got talking to him, he's a really nice guy and he introduced me to a
fantastic modern English prog band who are signed to his label called
thumpermonkey - check 'em out! I'm sure Q and Julien would be impressed too
- in fact anyone into virtuoso electric guitar should give 'em a listen.

I wholeheartedly share your opinion on Dreamtheatre - pretty appropriate
name as that stuff just sends me to sleep!

I'm recording an album with my new band currently which we expect to finish
in the next month or two but its not prog.They've not yet had their Linux
audio initiation yet although I have warned them its inevitable and they
seem to be up for it :) Everything so far has been recorded on a Korg 16
track.

Dan