Re: [LAU] Wav loop points

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 11 2012 - 13:53:55 EET

The most common formats for "loops defined inside an audio file" have
historically been non-WAV (or extensions to wav), such as REX, and
proprietary.

The WAV spec does include the concept of a playlist, consisting of cue
points and lengths. By themselves, these don't really define "loops" in a
way that is generally going to be clear to the user.

libsndfile can definitely read these from the file, but i'm not sure what
an app would do with them. providing a sample with a loop point(s) defined
would be good.