[LAU] Wav loop points

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 11 2012 - 10:27:14 EET

*Wrote this some time ago to the list, never got a reply. Now looking
through the archives, I don't see this mail at all. I did attach a file, so
maybe it was filtered.
This is why I am duplicating this.*

Hey fellas!

I notice that no Linux samplers seem to support wav file loop points. All
Windows DAWs that I have used support the format and there are a lot of
samples out there with perfect loop points which is very useful.
I have no idea whether this is part of the spec or not but these
looppoints have been used for more than 15 years, that's for sure,
since some
of these sample collections have been around during tracking days. I did
find something on loops here: http://www.sonicspot.com/guide/wavefiles.html
But I think you, devs, know better than me anyway.

I think it would be great if LMMS, samplers like Petri-Foo would support
this, as this adds a lot of functionality. Many sample collections provide
perfect loops and it is tiresome to have to try to remake it by hand each
time, while in some software it is simply impossible at all.

What do you think?

ps: I can provide you with a sample example with loop points