Re: [LAU] Connect to jackd with a different user?

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 12 2012 - 02:11:26 EET

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Grant <emailgrant@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Is this something that might be integrated into a jack release? Would it
> be worth filing a bug?

I'm afraid I don't understand exactly what you're asking.
<jokes> And no I don't see it being integrated </jokes>

Running JACK as a system wide daemon has downsides, and is a pretty niche
use case. I don't
see it becoming the standard as GStreamer / Phonon / PulseAudio and a
variety of other frameworks
already try to run a daemonized audio server. And I remove all of them from
my installs when I can :)

Since its only advanced users that will ever want to do this, I think the
config files fix above is fine.
My two cents, -Harry