Re: [LAU] Convert Sonatina library to MIDNAM

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 13 2012 - 12:56:17 EET

On 12/12/2012 11:28 AM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> On 12/11/2012 07:05 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:

>>> First attempt. The path in the lscp file need to be adjust to your local
>>> settings.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/johnsen/Sonatina-symphonic-orchestra-MIDNAM.git
>>>
>>> See the README
>>
>> What is a good way to do for the path, e.g. to make it usable for
>> 'everybody'? Assume they place the sonatina folder in ~/ ?
>>
>> So /home/derick/linuxaudio/linuxaudiodata/sonatina/Sonatina/...
>>
>> becomes
>>
>> ~/sonatina/Sonatina/...
>>
>> Or is there is smarter 'linux-way'?
>>
>> \r
> The oomidi team is using
>
> MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT NON_MODAL 0 0 0 SFZ
> '@@OOM_SOUNDS@@/sonatina/Sonatina\x20Symphonic\x20Orchestra/Strings\x20-\x201st\x20Violins\x20Sustain.sfz'
>

> @@OOM_SOUNDS@@ links to /usr/share/sounds or ~/.sounds somehow. Both
> places are not ideal imho.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Btw here are some templates of the oomidi team for LinuxSampler
> https://github.com/johnsen/Sonatina-symphonic-orchestra-MIDNAM/tree/master/Oomidi_templates

@Paul I think this sonatina.midnam file is ready to be added to the
midnam files in Ardour 3. All though it might be good if people test it.
https://github.com/johnsen/Sonatina-symphonic-orchestra-MIDNAM/blob/master/sonatina.midnam

Afaik, what needs to be edited is the lscp file. It should work now, but
users might want to have 4 different channels for the 1st-violin instead
of one, to match 4 1st-violin players in an orchestra etc. I think it's
up to the community to make this template better.
See also the README
https://github.com/johnsen/Sonatina-symphonic-orchestra-MIDNAM/blob/master/README.md

People who want to use the midnam file for sonatina likely also needs
the lscp file for LinuxSampler. It's up to the Ardour devs how they want
to serve the Ardour users here.

At the end it might be nice to have an
Ardour-sonatina-orchestral-template with busses for convolution reverb etc.
At this point I've no interest to do that work. The files in the git
repo serve as example and sharing of knowledge.

Regards,
\r