Re: [LAU] musicmadewithlinux: Mozart Symphony #40

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Dec 18 2012 - 01:31:12 EET

On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 00:06 +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
> A great piece no doubt, when not played by a humming bunch of lifeless
> machines.

Patrick's version isn't lifeless, neither are the machines. I also don't
like his interpretation, because the mix isn't to my taste, but it's not
lifeless, it's aggressive.

Yesterday I would listen to "Also sprach Zarathustra" ( Richard Strauss)
in the television, but the version from Herbert von Karajan and the
human Philharmoniker's make it sound lifeless. I couldn't stand it. I
don't say they are bad, but we had too much of that old school style.

IMO there isn't the need for another orchestra recording of Mozart's
Symphony #40, there are enough recordings. Playing it life is something
else, but for a new recording I prefer an industrial version as
Patrick's, assumed it's mixed more to my taste.

Please, more contemporary music and with respect to the roots, more
contemporary interpretations of compositions as Mozart's Symphony #40
and less cultural heritage preservation.

;)