Re: [LAU] Pro Audio? OT rant.

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Dec 22 2012 - 17:42:47 EET

On Sat, 2012-12-22 at 14:58 +0000, John Murphy wrote:
> Synth manufacturers: Why no ADAT out?

Would be nice for homestudios today, assumed there would be cheap cards
with several ADAT inputs. My RME card only has got one ADAT, that btw.
does not work with Linux.

OTOH even for my homestudio I like to use an analog mixer, for sure my
homestudio mixer has got drawbacks, but I can't see (or should I say
hear? ;) any drawback for professional analog mixers.

I don't have experiences with professional digital mixers, but they
should have enough analog inputs with a good quality too.

IMO ADAT for synth for pro audio isn't needed.