Re: [LAU] Pro Audio? OT rant.

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 22 2012 - 23:19:03 EET

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 10:06:02PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> The same here, but I only own one. I'm pissed off about the XLR sockets
> and my ADA80000 gets boiling hot. It's not mounted to a rack. It's on a
> shelf and there put on a holder, so there's headroom above and below the
> ADA.

Keep it there with an ice bag on it, or given the current European
meteo, just put it outside. I once saw 4 ADA8000s built into a 4U
portable rack producing fumes and a funny smell before dropping into
mortal silence, the four of them almost at the same time. Wasn't really
funny because renting the anechoic room where that happened was more
expensive than all of them together.

Ciao,

--
FA