Re: [LAU] Pro Audio? OT rant.

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 24 2012 - 17:40:11 EET

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 04:25:02PM +0100, SxDx wrote:

> That said I'm sure a violin 10,000 euros is way better than a 100 euros one.
> But from there to "a stradivarius is way better than what violin makers of
> today build" (if that's what you meant), there is a lot of hype and magic
> thinking involved, which is very surprising from you.

"A Stradivarius is way better than what violin makers of today build"
is not what I wrote and certainly not what I meant.

And yes, there's lot of hype and a lot of ill-founded aversion to
contemporary technology. I'm pretty sure that if some violin maker
would discover a way to use some of today's high-tech materials
to build a really good violin, most of the 'well-thinking' music
world would want to burn him at the stake (along with his violins).

Ciao,

--
FA