Re: [LAU] Pro Audio? OT rant.

From: Gene Heskett <gheskett@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 27 2012 - 15:05:39 EET

On Thursday 27 December 2012 08:01:09 Ralf Mardorf did opine:

> On Mon, 2012-12-24 at 13:55 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > Let's hope, for that engineeer's name and fame, that you don't
> > remember that very well. For it is utter nonsense.
>
> But it's unimportant, if this guy is known as a good engineer, it only
> will show that he made a mistake. Nobody will care about it.
> I don't know any employer who will hire an engineer who claims that he
> never makes a mistake, since this is highly unbelievable. [1]
> Errors don't harm the reputation.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf
>
> [1] I know an exception, but this caused a backfire. This "engineer"
> wasn't able to solder one circuit, without danger to life mistakes.

Ralf, if he isn't competent with a hot soldering iron, he's a 'paper'
engineer only. I have known a couple like that, I wouldn't let them in the
same building as a soldering iron with an intact line cord.

I hope Santa was good to you.

Cheers, Gene

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Dammit Jim, I'm an actor, not a doctor.
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...