Re: [LAU] Pro Audio? OT rant.

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 28 2012 - 01:46:49 EET

On Thu, December 27, 2012 3:23 pm, Neil wrote:

> For example, a Sure SM58 does not faithfully reproduce the human
> voice, but when it comes to live performance they sound "right"; they
> meet our expectations.

Reminds me, I was watching a Christmas special with my wife from the
Philippines with normal you tube sound (lossy compression) where they had
every singer who was somebody in the Philippines, singing. A lot of the
performers had side address large diaphragm mics, but I guess they ran out
and there were a few (less well known or newer acts) with sm58s. I was
surprised at how closed they sounded compared to the others even after
mangling with mp3 to get a slow enough stream speed for youtube.

Still I guess you can use the sm58 to help build the stage...

No they don't sound very natural. They aren't used in way that helps
either... less than an inch away from the mouth.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net