Re: [LAU] Pro Audio? OT rant.

From: Chris Bannister <cbannister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 28 2012 - 04:21:17 EET

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 02:41:54PM +0100, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:

> Actually I worded that second point rather badly. The point was that
> the vinyl cutting process (including special/professional mastering)
> will introduce many more audible artefacts than the 44.1khz/16bit
> downsampling export for a CD. Vinyl is an audibly inferior medium to
> a good digital chain.

Really?

> P.S.: I still like my vinyl collection of records. The haptics. The
> nostalgia. The big pictures on the covers.. The handling of a pair
> of Technics MK1210 and a good mixer is still awesome for mixes,
> etc..

I'm sorry, but if you judge a stereo system by the flashing lights and
the number of knobs and dials available, then we sit on different sides
of the fence. I believe in listening to music as the artist intended
it. Don't get me wrong, there are heaps of crap vinyl recordings out
there, that's for sure.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X