Re: [LAU] Pro Audio? OT rant.

From: Chris Bannister <cbannister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 28 2012 - 04:56:09 EET

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 03:39:06PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-12-25 at 14:41 +0100, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:
> > Technics MK1210
>
> Not needed all the times, I own a JVC QL-A5 and removed the
> semiautomatic thingy.

Cheap! :) have a look at:
http://www.linn.co.uk/all-products/turntables/sondek-lp12
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linn_Sondek_LP12
etc.

> For the sound quality you only need a good
> pickup/needle and IMO start-up, pitching range, isn't that important,

Moving magnet or moving coil. The source is extremely important, any
problems there, and no matter how good the rest of the gear is the
damage is already done.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X