Re: [LAU] Pro Audio? OT rant.

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Dec 27 2012 - 16:39:06 EET

On Tue, 2012-12-25 at 14:41 +0100, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:
> Technics MK1210

Not needed all the times, I own a JVC QL-A5 and removed the
semiautomatic thingy. For the sound quality you only need a good
pickup/needle and IMO start-up, pitching range, isn't that important,
especially start-up is ok with less expensive turn tables too, when
using a slipmat etc..IMO the Technics are only needed for DJs. Btw. many
home users prefer belt drive.

The main reason to use the Technics is, that crap as e.g. semiautomatic
tends to get broken, but for my record player it's possible to remove
the semiautomatic.

Regards,
Ralf