Re: [LAU] LAM: A new work in progress..

From: Al Thompson <althompson58@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 11 2013 - 16:43:42 EET

On 01/11/2013 04:46 AM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello!
> Someone once told me, that it's good to already have the basic
> effect on the vocals, that you will have later on. So if you intend to
> have a reverb on the vocals, put on some reverb from the start and
> sing through it. If it should be delay, then slap some delay on. Of
> course, it doesn't have to be fine tuned, just there. It helped me in
> my last two or three tracks.
> Lorenzo, thanks for the close mic'ing suggestion. I should try that
> too for a change.
> Warmly yours
> Julien

It may help some singers to track with effects in their phones, but
don't record the track with effects! You'll be stuck later, but it
almost certainly won't be exactly what you want in the mix!

--
---
My bands, CD projects, music, news, and pictures:

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]