Re: [LAU] MIDI note input by rhythm?

From: Angel de Vicente <angelv@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 14 2013 - 11:08:38 EET

Hi,

david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> On 01/13/2013 01:20 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Old sequencers had several ways of step editing, today it's common to
>> draw notes with the mouse cursor. I like Qtractor, but Rosegarden and
>> nearly every other sequencer should provide at least inserting notes by
>> mouse and to move, re-size etc..
>>
>> http://qtractor.sourceforge.net/qtractor-index.html
>> The list is for users too:
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ralf
>
> I believe Rosegarden has an option to change the note timings etc to match a
> rhythm track? I think you record the rhythm track by pressing a key on your
> keyboard to indicate beat changes, then RG can adjust the tempo and such on the
> other track to match.
>
> Haven't tried it myself, though.

thanks for the suggestion. I will look it up.

Otherwise I was planning on trying to hack something up. But I think the
best part for me would be that when I enter the rhythm of the music I
can hear the notes of the melody actually being played. Otherwise you
have to imagine the music in your head and that would be more
difficult. What I was looking for is just a way to be able to play the
piano keyboard but without having to find where the notes are, by doing
it in two stages. I think it should be not too difficult to implement,
but I don't think it is part of any sequencer yet.

Thanks,

--
Ãngel de Vicente
http://www.iac.es/galeria/angelv/