Re: [LAU] Marian Trace Out 8/16?

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 18 2013 - 03:53:44 EET

On Thu, January 17, 2013 1:52 pm, Marije Baalman wrote:
> Hiho,
>
> has anyone tried the Marian Trace Out 8/16 soundcard on Linux?
>
> http://www.marian.de/en/products/trace_out_816

You realize this is outputs only? No inputs at all.

> In the ALSA sound card matrix I see the Trace D4 supported, but I don't
> know how similar these cards are...

It would be a try it and see. In general though, most internal interfaces
are already pretty good sound wise and a lot offer 7.1 sound. What are you
expecting this card to do for you that an internal card would not? Are you
doing digital crossovers? (The only thing I can think of for so many
outputs)

The D4 looks completely different in function and I would also point out
that the supplied drivers for the D4 include OSX as well as Win but the
8/16 is win only. Doesn't sound like the same driver works for both.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net